Foodbank provides household necessities for people seeking asylum who have limited or no income.
People can access groceries on a weekly basis to alleviate the cost of living.
The Foodbank program is largely stocked through the generosity of people in the community, no contribution is too small!
If you would like to contribute to the Foodbank program, please contact the House of Welcome to see what the current shortages are.
Items that are regularly requested:
- Cooking Oil
- Basmati rice
- Long life (UHT) milk
- Canned Tomatoes/Chick Peas/Lentils
- Canned fruit
- Tinned fish (tuna in oil)
- Instant noodles
- Tea & Coffee
- Cooking Spices
- Jams & Honey
- Breakfast cereal
- Biscuits (savoury and sweet)
(Please no baked beans, soup, beetroot or tinned spaghetti!)
- Laundry detergent
- Dishwashing liquid
- Razors/Shaving foam
- Sanitary Pads (no tampons)
- Toilet paper/Tissues
- Nappies (larger sizes)/Baby Wipes
- Household cleaning items – tea towels, dishcloths, sponges etc.
For more information please contact the office on: [email protected] / 02 97279290